Monday, September 8, 2014

My art

Hey whats up :)
As I mentioned in my first post, I am an artist.
Currently I am an art student going to school in New York city. I am in my Junior year. I've done a lot of the usual things such as drawing, painting and sculpting. I am mainly a painter as its my favorite medium. Although I am getting into printmaking this current semester. I wanted to share one of my painting series I did last spring. They're all acrylic paint embellished with this sequin like medium I mixed with the paint.  They are all quite huge and each painting stands at least 4 feet tall. 



This series was about exploring acrylic (this was the first time I've used acrylic paints as I was very attached to oil beforehand) as well as experimenting with textures and color. These paintings are my absolute favorite pieces I've made in school so far. 
I hope you enjoy! I'll be sure to share more of my work with you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment